All bonsai amateurs can take part to the Enthusiasts’ Exhibition. Everyone of them can exhibit just one tree and be present as an individual participant or as a member of a club or an association.
The prizes offered consist of:
Bonsai from Urabe nursery (1st prize);
Tokoname pot (2nd prize);
Masakuni tool (3rd prize);
Yokohama Cup (to the best conifer bonsai);
Masakuni Cup (to the best deciduous bonsai);
Bonsai from Miura nursery (to the best bonsai voted by the visitors).
How to participe
Send a photo of your bonsai and specify its botanical name, height, width, trunk diameter, age (estimated) – together with name, surname, full address, phone no. and e-mail of the owner – to Crespi Bonsai – Enthusiasts’ Exhibition 2017 – postal address: Corso Sempione 35, 20015 Parabiago (Mi) – Italy, – electronic address: email@example.com – within 30th June 2017 (the postmark will be considered).
To facilitate the process of sending data it is possible register to the page “Registration on-line” or, as an alternative, to use the registration form that you can find on the page “Registration form“, to be printed and sent by post or e-mail.
– A pre-selecting jury, whose judgement is unquestionable, will select the best 100 trees among the received photos.
– A written notice will be sent to the owners of the bonsai selected for the exhibition.
– The owners of the selected bonsai have to entrust their bonsai to the exhibition place (Crespi Bonsai, Corso Sempione 35, 20015 Parabiago, Milan, Italy), from 9th to 14th September 2017, during the working hours (from 9.00 to 12.30 and from 2.30 to 7.00; Sunday: from 9.30 to 12.30; Monday: from 2.30 to 7.00).
– The bonsai will be displayed without any owner’s reference and just marked with a number.
– A jury consisting of international experts will select the most beautiful bonsai trees, whose owners receive the following prizes: a bonsai coming from the Urabe nursery for the first, a tokoname pot for the second and the Masakuni tool for the third; Yokohama Cup for the best conifer bonsai; Masakuni Cup for the best deciduous bonsai.
– The visitors can express their own preference filling in a form, which will be inserted in a special post-box.
– The owner of the voted bonsai will receive a bonsai coming from the Miura nursery. Among the bonsai exhibitors the winner of a bonsai will be drawn.
– Crespi Bonsai will make any effort to maintain the entrusted trees in healthy conditions.
– The participation in the exhibition is absolutely free of charge.
First classified at the edition 2015 of the exhibition-competition Enthusiast’ Exhibitions, Rocco Zinghinì with a Pinus sylvestris.